Thursday, June 29, 2006

Separate Vacations

Since Joanne is in Japan I'll fill you in on my vacation. I made it to Colorado safe and sound and Denver seems to get bigger ever time I visit. Today was spent enjoying the metro area. Unfortunately I didn't walk anywhere like Joanne. I did get to see and tour the new digs of Pro Door and Trim. Much bigger and nicer than the previous location and right off of I-25. After that I went to Fort Lupton to meet a guy that builds semi-custom bicycles. He has a shop in the back of his house and makes about 150 bikes a year. He does everything from metal stamping to CNC machining to the welding. The only thing he doesn't do is anodize or paint. As I was looking at one of his bikes I noticed a dove symbol on the seat stay bridge. Yep, the guy is a Christian and the dove goes on every bike he makes. Perhaps the coolest thing though is he is letting me borrow one of his bikes for the next 5 days. Maybe I'll get a workout after all. Tomorrow morning we are headed to Camp Hale for the annual Eye Extravaganza camping trip. Fishing and biking, yep that's how I'm going to spend the next 5 days. Te quiero siempre Joanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment