Thursday, March 15, 2007

Embrace Your Inner Geek

It's been a rough month. That's all I'll say.

But the weather has been cheerful these last two days. I love sitting in the living room in the evenings with the door to the screened porch (Hopson's home) open.

The other great thing about this time of year is March Madness. I love that there is basketball on ALL the time. Watched my Tigers pull one out (their usual style) in the first round of the NIT last night. Alan's dad was there. I look but never see him on TV. This "season" we just leave the TV on from the time we get home until Alan goes to bed (I'm usually already there). It's the only time of year I can stand the constant drone of the announcers. I've never pulled for Virginia Commonwealth before.

The great good news today is that I'm going to Colorado in April for 3 full days (plus 2 travel days). My friend Carrie invited me to play in the handbell choir she directs when they attend the Colorado Handbell Festival at Keystone April 20-22. My staff encouraged me to embrace my inner geek and GO. The boss asked at dinner Saturday night, with spouses, what our ART was and I confessed I love to play bells. She encouraged me to go. Plus I prayed for a financial sign and that very day I got a bonus that will cover the trip. God has great timing! And Alan is awesome to reassure me that it is in the budget, go, go. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment