Thursday, December 27, 2007

Snow!!!

This is the time of year I like to visit snow. It's a wonder-full thing to behold when you are on vacation and have no where to be at a certain time.

We celebrated Christmas with most parts of our family last weekend (we'll see the rest on January 1, I hope) and then took off Monday morning for Colorado. Our flight from Greenville to Charlotte was cancelled, but thankfully we had time to drive there to catch it. Arrived in Denver right on time.

Christmas Eve worship at Mission Hills Church, where the Eyes, McNealys, Humphreys and others we know attend. Woke Christmas morning to flurries that continued all day, the first white Christmas in Denver in 46 years. And we were here to see it.

Enjoyed hearing about and seeing the photos and video from Wayne and Sarah's trip to Europe in Sept to do some mission work and tour the area near where Emily and Johannes live. Friends came over for the afternoon to play games, one of our favorite things to do out here. The 26th Eddins took me and Alan to Camp Hale, the summer camping spot, to snowmobile. It was a beautiful day but COLD. Around 10 most of the day, high in Denver only 20. I loved touring in an area I was familiar with (the roads, creek, gates, etc); being disoriented diminishes any outdoor activity for me.

Snowed again all day today in Denver. Alan shopped this morning, took me out to lunch at Big Bill's pizza and then to the McNealys for games and generalized visiting and catching up.

I guess we've seen about 10 inches of snow so far, total. None, to speak of anyway, when we arrived. All is white now. Tomorrow we are planning to go back to the Leadville area and snowmobile around Turquois Lake - 8 adults on sleds and 5 kids. Maybe I'll have pictures to post soon.

So far this vacation has been a great way to end this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment