The Tour de France is over, and my blog report on our tour of Germany is not finished. Creating a photo album for Mother of the trip was more important this month than blogging. But I'll do my best to finish up soon.
The Tour de France started on the day we returned from Europe. It is my favorite sporting event in July. Actually it is the ONLY sport I follow in July, since I could not possibly care less about baseball and it is the only sport on. Even my favorite ESPN shows are boring in July. But The Tour is on almost constantly, so long as you can get to Versus to see it.
I love coming home at lunch to watch cycling and many times was able to pick up after work right where I had left the broadcast. If I didn't catch the finish at lunch or dinner, I would try to stay awake until the 8-11 edition but invariably I'd fall asleep before the finish.
Of course it is too hot to exercise in South Carolina this time of year. So no walking or biking for me right now. The evenings don't cool off enough, even after dark. It's like being wrapped in a warm, damp blanket out there. I suppose early mornings are cool enough to walk, but I'm still struggling to get out of bed lately.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment