This is a stupid thing to blog about, but I am really distressed by the break-up of Jon and Kate. I know. It is stupid. I do divorce all day every day. But I just think, when you have EIGHT children together, how is splitting up going to make things better?
OK, I got that out of my system.
2009 is the summer of vacations. In a week we leave for 8 days in Colorado. Then in August we are gone to ALASKA!!! yeah for 17 days. It doesn't seem real. We put ALL of this on the credit card and paid it yesterday. DONE. I know. It is crazy that in the summer Alan isn't working, we take our biggest vacations ever.
Another fun thing I've been doing while not blogging is revamping my health through nutrition and acupuncture. It's still a work in progress, but I've radically changed my eating habits, pretty much given up coffee, spend time grocery shopping, cooking and eating at home, packing my lunch every day, even eating BREAKFAST!
(A blue jay is in my crepe myrtle tree)
Work is interesting. I'm in charge of a software project this year that has at times made me CRAZY, but it is kind of fun to be connected to the world of a developing technology. I'm pleased with how my cases are going lately.
With better nutrition, I am able to get up in the mornings. I've even been walking on the treadmill almost every morning. Yesterday I even walked to work and then home in the pm. That was great too!
Church is still so fun for me. NewSpring Greenville moved from Roper Mtn Road to the Carolina First (Palmetto Expo) Center two weeks ago. BIG move, but it has worked out great so far. BIG lesson for me in "being" the church, not having it matter where we meet to worship.
Home group has been fun too. We took a few weeks off, but then celebrated host Patti's birthday with dinner and dominos. Getting together this week for an exciting review of he Kenya mission trip by Nancy. Planning ahead for a day of service in July, to help a single mom get into her new house.
Alan and I had a GREAT time in Athens for the Georgia Tandem rally. Missed my fabulous sister's fabulous 60th birthday party that weekend. Hated that, but I still haven't figured out how to be in two places at once.
My mom had knee replacement April 30 and is doing great. I am SO thankful. I get to spend time with her most every weekend, and that is fun for me too.
Alan's dad and I have really been on a "farm" fix this Spring. He has a huge garden layout. I have a few pots by the back door. But all are doing well. With Alan and Joyce, the four of us enjoyed a Saturday of farm tours, where we met and touched a baby alpaca, and then hosted our own for the little girls - Annalisa, Cara and Libby.
No comments:
Post a Comment