Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Day of Fall

OK, it is official. Fall is my favorite season.

Tuesday was the first morning I felt it. When I got out of my car at the office at 8:30 fall was in the air. Now this being SC, you have to be sensitive to these things or you'll miss it. Because when I left the office at 5:30 it was not fall at all, but still summer. Not blazing, 100 degree, cooker hot August, but pleasantly warm tee shirt weather. Of course lately we've had LOTS of rain so it has often felt like a fishbowl - room temp warm and humid/damp. Mold growing weather. Of course, I love it!

Fall is also about football, and so far this season, I'm pleased with the Tigers. Good effort from coaches and players. I'm not an unreasonable fan who asks for a national or even conference title win every year (or worse yet, expects it). All I ask for as a Tiger fan is effort and entertainment. Don't make me bored or frustrated.

Notice the time on this post. Why am I awake a 3:45 a.m. you ask? I've asked myself that same question for the last 3 hours and 45 minutes. How will I even function tomorrow? Why does sleep elude me?

No comments:

Post a Comment