Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bike rides and more

It's been a fun few days. Last Friday we went to Columbia for the weekend. Enjoyed time with the Rusches, at the Congaree National Park (swamp) and at NewSpring Columbia Sunday morning. Got in two bike rides with our tandem friends the MacElderrys and the Woodingtons. 26 flat miles on Saturday and 15 more, hillier miles on Sunday afternoon. Got back to Spartanburg 10 minutes before the most spectacular hail storm I can remember.

I worked Monday, a full, hard day, and then was off Tuesday and Wednesday (the 30th & 31st) for Alan's spring break. We took a mid-week "weekend" in Seneca Monday night until Wednesday evening. I got to do LOTS of gardening at Mama's and at Alan's parents'. And we took a great 19 mile bike ride from Oakway to Fairplay and back. BEAUTIFUL spring weather.

We also got to spend time with Anita. Tuesday she was good. The blood clot treatment has been hard to recover from and is still a problem, but Tuesday night she was looking good. Wednesday was round 3 of chemo. That is mean stuff, chemo.

Back to work Thursday and Friday. More beautiful weather. We got in a 15 mile ride Thursday evening and I planted half my garden spot at the house. But now the pollen is UP and allergies are churning. I occasionally have a bit of a headache, but I don't really suffer. Alan, on the other hand. Well, his head is about to explode. Plus it was 88 degrees Friday so he was HOT.

But now it is April and Easter weekend. A pleasant 75-80ish today. I did some yard work at Mama's this morning. We are spending the afternoon at Anita's and then to Grandma's for dinner tonight with the whole family. Lunch tomorrow at my sister's will be fun too.

Anita's report yesterday was very good. Her cancer activity is now HALF what it was when she started chemo, 909 instead of the original 1800. Her hemaglobin is too low though and she may get a blood transfusion on Tuesday, to pump her up. She is hopefully she can see a liver surgeon in 4-6 weeks. Of course, before surgery, she has to get the blood count up. One thing aways affects another.

He is Risen - Hallelujah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment