Thursday, January 06, 2011

Happy New Year

I might be too tired to make sense in this post, but we are already a week into the new year and I haven't "said" a word. Uncharacteristically quiet for me.

I enjoyed all the bowl games I watched this year, and that was most of them. The 31st was a disappointing day of football. Well Clemson and Georgia were. I didn't want anyone to win the Florida State v. South Carolina game, but at least the right team lost.

We met my brother and sister-in-law at Grits & Groceries that morning and then they came to see our house, watch football and ring in the New Year. Which I did by going to bed at 10:45pm. Still, it was fun to spend time with them.

My car is repaired. I only swam once last week while it was in the shop, but this week I'm back on track MWF.

There's a new baby goat - Snowflake - on the farm. I took pictures today with our new camera we got for Christmas. Maybe I'll learn how to post those next.

Our pet rabbit Hopson, who'd been staying at the farm, passed from this life December 28th. Kathryn called me with the news, and Alan went from work to give him a proper burial under the pear tree. He would have been 8 in February, and I think that is pretty old for a bunny. FYI - it is hard to take pictures of bunnies and baby goats; they hop right out of the frame.

We are having bright but cold weather. Typical SC winter. I can tell that the days are getting longer, which makes me happy just to think about. I have not had any trouble writing 2011 instead of 2010. Well, I probably will now.

Anyway, Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment