The first of two garden spots is 90% complete. On each side of the deck stairs we had bushes taken out, leveled the land (Alan's job), built 4x8ft boxes 6 inches deep (again Alan), painted them (me), lined them with newspapers and cardboard, filed them with a 5 ingredient soil mixture, inlaid a dripline (to connect to our sprinkler system and use in July & August) and I planted strawberries on one end and onions on the other, gifts from Alan's dad's garden.
The second box needs soil, but I won't be doing any serious gardening for another week or two, so there is still time. Next to think about is some kind of fencing or netting to keep out the neighborhood cats and the ducks from the pond who wander freely in our yard.
I snipped a green onion top to add to my soup at lunch. Oh, I am SO going to enjoy fresh veggies and herb right outside my back door.
Happy Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment