Thursday, December 08, 2011

Christmas Spirit

Here we are, eight days into December.  Alan and I put much effort into acquiring some Christmas spirit this past weekend.  
Friday night I played in our first handbell concert of the season and then met my mom's senior traveling group at A Connie Maxwell Christmas, a free community event hosted by the local children's home.  It was brrr cold waiting for our wagon ride.  
Saturday Alan and I took two friends back and I rode the wagon again.  Still cold, but I dressed for it this time.  Sunday after church we went to the Greenwood Christmas parade.  Interesting community event.  Then we went to prison, for my bell group to play.  Another interesting event, but fun to share the Christmas Spirit.  Monday night we decorated some at the house, mostly lights inside and out, to cheer up these long, cold evenings.  Did I say already it has gotten cold? Last night we had dinner with friends, and today my mom, sister, niece and friend Sam attended my last bell concert.


No comments:

Post a Comment