Sunday, March 11, 2012

Beets - it's what's for dinner

I'm appalled that it took me almost a week to find time for this meal.  Last Monday Sam and I went to the farmers' market.  Why?  Well, first because we could.  That's just the kind of law firm we are.  And second because it was Meet the Farmers Day and I wanted to support my local food growers.

While there, among other things, I purchased beets.  Today I cut them up and had beet greens (like turnip greens, with vinegar & a boiled egg) for dinner.  I also made roasted the beets and made a quinoa, feta, beet dish.  Both were delicious.  I should have taken a picture but it was almost gone before I thought about pictures.

Pretty much finished up reading Wheat Belly.  Way too technical for me in some parts, so I just skipped to what I wanted to know about and then on to the chapter on what you CAN eat once you've given up wheat.  Interesting.  We shall see if we can do it.

1 comment:

  1. FYI - beets are a gall bladder cleanser, for Mr Alan's info! :) Interesting info in WB concerning rheumatoid arthritis we thought...

    ReplyDelete