Where have I been? What have I been doing? It all seems a fog, and yet so real.
Two months have passed on the calendar since my mom left this world. And still I cannot say how it was, how it is now, or how it seems to me. Really, I'm fine. At least I think I am most of the time. But how would I know? What do I compare to decide?
Mother's Day was not terrible. I received lots of support and thoughtfulness from friends. But other days I miss her. Just to talk with her. Yet it seems OK, that she is well and happy now, that I am fine too but need to adjust myself to this new "normal." I am not unhappy.
I am so proud of my family. We can make almost anything fun, even cleaning out her house. I am so pleased with the things from the house that I am incorporating into my own home.
It has been a lovely Spring. Warm some days, cool others, now the beginning of hot. But still, most of the day is pleasant, especially if you can stay out of the sun. Flowers and gardens are growing. The pond is full once again. Alan is busily relocating fish to restock for future fishing adventures. His weight loss goal has been met and maintained.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment