Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Overwhelmed - merely perspective

For the last 4 days I have felt uncharacteristically overwhelmed, often paralyzed by the stress I feel in my life right now. I normally like having a lot going on. But for some reason my professional life is demanding 100% right now, my family life has diminished to a trickle (just when it needs more support and attention) and my personal life is also changing dramatically. I feel like I can barely make it through each day, and I'm getting farther and farther behind.

I haven't exercised in about a week (BAD!) and my eating is out of control. Which for me means I probably am not eating near enough. At least that's what I think this gnawing in my gut is about. I am sleeping by light medication, which produces good sleep but gives me a morning fog that is hard to shake.

I'm not desperate yet, but I am certainly tapped out. Something has got to change - preferably for the better.

1 comment:

  1. Joanne, I understand exactly and am expereincing something similar half a world away (except Johannes gets mad if I dip into the light medication!) I have been and will continue to be praying for you an Alan. Love, Em

    ReplyDelete