Friday, March 03, 2006

Recipe - don't faint!

Me, of all people, posting a recipe. No way! Yes, this is my favorite meal to make for me and Alan. The ingredients can stay on the shelf for months and then it can be ready in ten minutes.

Ingredients:
One box of couscous (this is a grain you steam; find near the rice/pasta)
Can of chicken (find near cans of tuna; I buy the bigger size)
Optional additions: feta cheese, golden raisins, sliced or slivered almonds (toasted if you like), chick peas (a friend suggested today; I've not tried this yet), bag of salad greens

Directions:
Cook the couscous by the box directions (I boil water in the microwave and then add grain and cover to steam 5 minutes. Fluff w/ fork)
Open can of chicken, drain, add to skillet pre-warmed over medium w/ a little olive oil; cook until dry and crispy.
On my plate I layer the salad greens, some couscous, top w/ chicken and add golden raisins, feta and almonds. Alan skips the salad base. And of course I'm sure there are many other delicious ingredients you could add.
Generally this recipe makes 3-4 servings, enough for us to eat dinner and me to take for lunch the next day. Very filling, delicious and healthy too! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment