Thursday, November 16, 2006

A little more football

Thursday night football. I'm glued to the West Virginia v. Pittsburgh game. I like both coaches and don't want either team to lose. It's the third quarter and so far a shoot out, score for score. As much as I like college football, it still kind of irritates me that now there is football every single day of the week. Wednesdays I'm watching the replay of the latest Clemson game. College game on Tuesday even. Tuesday! And college football on Friday nights too.

Tomorrow night we are taking in one last high school game for the year, a big one, the rematch of Byrnes v. Gaffney. They played the ESPN Thursday night high school game a few weeks ago and Gaffney gave Byrnes their first loss in years (last time was Gaffney in 2004 I think). This is also Gaffney's last year at "the Reservation" a storied field from the 1930s. I'm imagining Gignilliant Field (go Bobcats!). It's just upperstate but I think this is basically the AAAA state championship game.

I'm trying to get excited about the Clemson Carolina game set for the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I'm too fearful to be excited. The chickens are improving while the Tigers continue to struggle and find new ways to look bad week to week. Pray for the chicken curse.

Today my fabulous family has exchanged hilarious smack via email. The ladies have called each other out. I started by listing the Thanksgiving menu and included a "dish to be named later." Dustin took off on that sports humor and proposed a trade of his own. Alan rebutted with an option on some banana pudding. Dustin upped the ante by offering his third born child, which his mother picked up on immediately and joyously. Then Lindsey chimed in with her own plans and challenged the ladies to join her in the reproduction race. Rachaelle put her off a year and called Emily out. Carrie folded. Alan is LAUGHING out loud. What a great family!!! Love you ALL.

Happy Happy Thanks and Giving. Link to Alan's blog at right for more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment