Sunday, September 16, 2007

Some Like It Hot

...and I'm one of them. Alan is NOT. As soon as the temp gets above 75 he starts sweating and complaining of being hot. As soon as the temp drops below 75, I have to put on two shirts and long pants. Oh, the dilemmas of being married!

Today the weather is picture perfect and beautiful. Alan is off to ride bikes in the woods with friends in Greenwood. I'm at home, with all the doors open, enjoying the sunshine and cool breeze.

September is half over; I knew it would fly. Our plans for volunteering at NewSpring are coming together - the training, the schedule, etc. Work is better post-vacation. We really did need those days away.

I'm reading Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods about his time on the AT. Plus last night I knocked out a cute children's chapter book - Kimchi and Calamari, about an 8th grade Korean boy adopted at birth by an Italian-American family, who has to write an essay about his heritage. I'm glad there is well-written and thought-provoking literature for children.

Yesterday Team J.A.B. worked together on some house projects. We scrubbed the kitchen floor in prep for the new bamboo rug I bought on sale at Pier One. Then we cleaned the bunny and his porch and also trimmed the bushes around the house. Good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment