Friday, October 19, 2007

Once a Month

I can't even remember the last time I blogged. One reason is we have, at least temporarily, given up internet access at home. And I don't have much time at work to blog. But it is Friday afternoon and I'm already planning to work tomorrow morning so I'm taking some time out now to catch up.

A few things on my mind lately. First, Monday is a big birthday - 39. My last one. Ever. All this year of 38 I've been thinking of myself as 40. When Alan turned 40 in August it was harder on me than it was on him.

I have felt exceptionally tired and "middle aged" lately. But I had my annnual physical and Dr. Leary said I was very healthy, thankfully. Learned an important lesson at church Wednesday night about the need for "margin" in our lives. It seems like everyone I know is stressed out these days. I have to be intentional in creating margin, space, room in my daily life, instead of packing it in, living on the edge, overwhelming myself. Yesterday I tried it, and I had a MUCH better day than usual.

Started a 6 week Tai Chi class yesterday. So far I think it is HARD. It takes so much concentration to think about moving my body parts simultaneously - hands, feet, shifting weight - oh, and breathing. I'll probably hurt myself.

I've been in a "farm phase" lately - reading about sustainable farming and eating locally, visiting some farms, thinking about how the food economy works, or rather works against me. Interesting stuff for my brain. Had a fun day with Bill and Vikki out exploring this topic. And fun with Alan and Cara too. But no good pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment