It was a very merry Christmas. The weather in South Carolina has been quite variable in the last days, but on Christmas Day it was clear and bright, warm and pleasant.
On Christmas eve, Alan and I enjoyed time with my mom, sharing lunch and the afternoon with Doug and Devilla. We made butterscotch haystacks. Yum
Christmas Day we celebrated with Alan's family - first at his parents and then at Grandma Black's. It really was a lot of fun.
Now it is the 26th - Alan's mom's birthday. We slept in and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast together (I made omelets). Then dad and I went for a walk and talk. Alan helped his dad with a few projects while his mom and I drank coffee and talked. It's been a quiet and relaxing day. I've even had time to blog (:
My favorite gift that I gave this year was seeds to Alan's dad. He is going to become a Master Gardener in 2009 and grow me some edamame. Thanks, Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment