Monday, July 06, 2009

Camp Hale 2009


See what I meant by GREEN? And LOTS of water in Colorado this year. We left Thursday July 2 for 5 days at 9236ft - Camp Hale. Alan fished in this stream Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Caught numerous brown and brook trout.



A bit of change in our plans. Sarah didn't make the trip this year. Her mom had some health problems and was in the hospital in Arkansas last week, so Sarah flew there on Thursday when we left for camping. Beth and Carrie had been involved in planning all the related group activity, including meals. We fed about 72 Friday night and probably 60 Saturday night. Breakfasts were group projects too. I inherited the role of "Zaccheaus" the tax collector, prepped with my list from Sarah of all who were supposed to come, which nights, and number of campers.

One morning we prayed for syrup, because we started the French toast line with only one bottle of syrup on the table. By the time we cleaned up, everyone had had all the syrup they wanted, and we had a full bottle left. It was like the miracle of Jesus feeding 5000.

Good group of folks. I realized I had not been on this annual trip since July 4, 2005. Some things were the same. Lots of new faces in the group. Fun time reconnecting with friends and meeting new folks too. Seeing how the children have grown and become delightful people.

I especially enjoyed reading than then reviewing for the author, Linda Berry's latest mystery - Death and the Crossed Wire. I've read all 6 of her offerings in s]this Trudy Roundtree series. She says this is the last, but I'm hoping not. The group suggested she write Death and the Pie Iron, about Trudy's camping trip in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment