Monday, July 13, 2009

A finance story

Yesterday we saw and talked with Greg and Annette, who are also on Joe's team at church and do financial counseling. Annette had a story to share. On Saturday she left a restaurant without her purse and when she went back for it, it was no where to be found. So, she lost her driver's license, other personal stuff, AND $350 cash. Now, those of us who are cash crazy STILL don't regularly carry that much cash, but she and Greg had PLANNED a day of shopping and taken out the cash to cover it. She was sick and also sad to tell Greg what she had done.

Well, I have BEEN there. I once took our food envelope to the grocery store, and lost it. I was SICK to tell Alan that all our food money for the month was gone.

But Greg told Annette the same thing Alan had told me. "Don't worry about it, honey. We have money in the emergency fund. I love you." WOW! Husbands can never understand how secure and loved that reaction makes wives feel. Annette and I marveled at the blessing in our lives and the effect on our marriage of doing our finances God's way. I wish everyone, especially Christians, understood this.

No comments:

Post a Comment