Monday, August 17, 2009

Alan's birthday

Wow! What a weekend. I had a fun in Kotzebue and Alan had a even more fun "at camp." Hopefully he'll get some pictures and comments posted soon. They are amazing. Saturday was a LONG and wonderful day. The daylight is just amazing. I met the nicest people - co-workers, neighbors, friends of Wanda's. Sunday was fun too, at church, more nice people, then berry picking in the afternoon and a huge, long walk before dinner with Josh & Amber, a young couple from SC who moved here 2 weeks ago.

The weather this weekend has been nice. In the 50s and clear. Windy, tho'. But that keeps down the bugs. I hear the mosquitos rise from the tundra in swarms, but we didn't see a one. Tundra is amazing, spongy/dry stuff. I am bundled up each time we go outside. At "the AC" grocery, I was standing, my 4 layers, beside a girl in a tee shirt, shorts and flipflops. It's whatever you are used to, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment