Wednesday, May 12, 2010

We are riding now

18 miles Saturday in Oconee. Max speed 41 mph. Fierce wind. 20 miles Monday evening hosted by ba dairy farmer in Moore in the rain. 10 more miles in downtown Spbg. Beautiful evening for a bike ride. Ambitious Alan wants to ride 114 miles this weekend at GTR. I'll be happy with 91. Ready to ride.

Sad news. We just learned today that May 1 someone we know from GTR who is from Oconee County died while on the Tour of Cashiers. Cliff Davis was an amazing, fast, strong rider with his stoker wife Lisa.

Please read Nancy's blog at right from yesterday. Mothers Day at NewSpring was awesome too.

It is also hockey playoff time. I've been pulling for the 8th seed Canadiens because their short nickname is the habs, French for "habitantes." Tonight in game 7 they beat Sid Crosby's Penguins. I have no idea who will win the Stanley Cup, but it's more fun to watch than baseball or Deadliest Catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment