Don't faint. Two posts in one day. I must confess I blogged at work earlier today. Forgive me.
Saturday I saw some amazing things on our annual farm tour. Alan, his dad and I first visited a worm farm in Hodges, near where we used to live in Greenwood. It was a fascinating operation. Simple but not primitive.
Then we toured an asparagus farm. All I could think was how much back breaking work it would be to hoe and then pick those 2 acres. But it's only 2 months of the year.
The hydroponic greenhouse was next. End of tomato season; they start new plants in July. Another fascinating commercial operation. Hosted by a lady with "the look" I am after - FIT.
Finally we went to a mushroom farm. A research farm rather than a commercial operation. That guy was PASSIONATE about 'shrooms.
Our final stop was not on the official tour, but Alan's dad wanted us to see the heirloom vegetable garden he's been working on at Clemson with his fellow Master Gardener students.
It was a HOT day and I was exhausted when we got home, but we had a great time learning together.
Monday, June 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment