Sunday, January 29, 2012

Testing Our Limits

Fleece socks, shoes (not sandals), shoe covers, long cycling pants, shorts with chamois, base layer top, short-sleeved but thick jersey, arm warmers (extra sleeves), jacket, neck warmer, cap, helmet, sunglasses.

Generally I won't ride the bike if it is colder than 50 degrees.  Well, today in Kotzebue, Alaska, it was -35 with a wind chill of -68.  But in Greenwood it was about 42 this morning, after church, so we suited up and took the tandem out for 18 miles.

It was 48 when we got back.  Alan said he was fine and could have ridden in colder weather.   I was dressed appropriately, for me, but pretty well maxed out.  I don't own a wool jersey but I guess I could have put tights under my long cycle pants.

Anyway, it was a clear (if cold) day of blue skies, so later in the afternoon we went to the Yogatorium pond for some fishing.  (Still don't have a pond - or fish - behind the house)  First fish of the year!


Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment