Thursday, October 05, 2006

October already

Welcome baby Libby! She arrived this morning about 8:15ish in Anderson. I'll post a picture as soon as I can.

I truly love the weather this time of year. From now until my birthday is the BEST!

We are happy to have Andy, Tammy and Drew Smiley join us as residents of Spartanburg County.

Last Friday night we took in the Byrnes/SpbgHS football game at Wofford. Saw the amazing Will Korn and the #2 high school team in the whole country. They were impressive.

We went with Susan and Tripp Adams. Alan worked with Susan at Benteler and knew they were big fans. We had such fun that we met them for dinner last night at Wade's, the best "meat and 3" I've ever been to. I had three cups of tea during the meal. Delicious but BIG mistake. Our pastor is always proclaiming sweet tea to be the "nectar of the angels." Well, this was, but I was up until 1:15 from all the sugar and caffeine. Urgh.

Alan rode in the Tobacco Free for Life Challenge at Dupont Saturday. BEAUTIFUL day in the mtns. I shopped at the Belk in Pisgah Forest, my favorite Belk, and then ate lunch alone at a great Japanese place. Finally got some food I'd been dreaming of for days - green tea, seaweed salad, green salad with ginger dressing, a bento box lunch with a sprout salad, delicious vegetable tempura, a california roll, pork dumplings, and rice, and a bowl of miso soup. YUM

Speaking of dreaming, I didn't sleep very well the whole month of September. Sleeping is one of my best skills, so this trend disturbed me a lot. Hopefully I'm getting back on track now. Two nights in a row now without Ambien or Tylenol pm.

We are enjoying the HDTV. Quite an enhancement to football season. Go Tigers!

The other day I had occasion to dig in our wedding stuff (Alan needed our marriage license) and I came across our wedding video. Old technology. We don't even own a VCR anymore, so we can't watch it.

Alan has been riding a lot lately - Tuesday night in Greenwood, at Southside this afternoon with Andy, this coming Sunday back in Greenwood with SORBA. He is fishing again tomorrow, on Hartwell Lake this time, and going to Winston-Salem with his dad Saturday for the Clemson game at Wake Forest. Free time for me!!! Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment