Today we rode the tandem 32 miles. Met a group of Spartan-burgers at Morgan Square downtown and took their route on new roads (to us) south of town. We continue to be amazed at how unfriendly Spbg riders are. They haven't purposely lost us on a ride yet, but no one wants to talk with us. They don't seem to talk to each other much. So maybe it isn't us. We are just disappointed that we haven't met any biking friends yet.
We had a good weekend. I took Alan to Anderson Thursday night and he fished ALL DAY Friday with Brad on Lake Thurmond/Clarks Hill. NICE sunburn to show for it; they didn't bring home any of the 20 fish they claim to have caught. I got a little sunburn myself at the Clemson game on Saturday, my first of the season. BIG win over UNC.
Church this morning was very exciting. A repeat of the only First Wednesday service we've attended, a very moving depiction of the crucifiction. Many chose to make Jesus their Lord as a result. Alan overheard a 70-ish man in line for the restroom (yes, a line for the men's room!)saying that he has been coming to Newspring 3 years and rarely misses because he is always curious what will happen in the service. They are creative!
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've met some nice folks at Bike-On in Boiling Springs, but they work there, so they may have been nice to get me to buy something, but I doubt that was it. Besides the lady I talked to showed me a photo of her dream bike, a Bianci track bike in Celese green, so she must be ok.
ReplyDelete