Friday, September 15, 2006

House Spouse

Two weeks into Alan's temporary retirement. Some things are very good. He makes the bed every day. That is really important to me. He keeps the clothes washed and folded. I appreciate that. He's had dinner ready a few times, or at least cooking. That is terrific when I come in exhausted from work. He made me gumbo for lunch one day. YUM! And a few days I've been met at the door with a peanut butter rollover and a glass of milk to fuel me up for a tandem ride. Yesterday we road about 30 minutes and then stopped to visit with my friend Sharon from Greenwood who is grandchild-sitting this weekend in Spartanburg. And tonight we met up with the Smileys (Andy, Tammy and Drew) for dinner at Moe's and a trip to the mall to pick out photos of Drew made earlier in the day. It is almost like we have a social life here, but we've had to import friends from Greenwood to create that illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment