Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Germany - Day 1

Did zou know the z is in the y's place on the keyboard in Germany? This is so confusing.

Completely uneventful flight from Charlotte over night on Tuesday. Didn't sleep much. Rested a bit at Emily's flat this morning while Mama slept. Then out for ice cream near Hofbrauhaus (I got a scoop of Leechee and of Eggnog), a short driving tour of the neighborhood, shopping in a children's shop
and an early evening meal at a sidewalk cafe. Then Johannes met us at the hotel 2 blocks from their flat. Germany is playing Turkey in some soccer match on TV tonight so he and I went to Aldi and HIT groceries under the hotel to pick up dinner food. All over the city friends are gathered to watch the game, many in beer gardens outside. When Germany just scored, I ran out on to the balcony at their place to hear the cheers rise up around the city. It was COOL to hear.

First beer todaz - with lemon. Tasty. Eating and drinking anything offered. All delicious so far. FABU cafe with milk this afternoon. Having a great time!

Germany wins! Tons of fun with Dirk and Claudia.

I häve been awake two straight daze with 1 hour sleep. Whoo Hoo Whoo Hoo Hoo Hoo

No comments:

Post a Comment