Thursday was a busy day for us. We slept in a bit (Mama and I are staying at the Holiday Inn just up from Emily's apt) but managed to meet Vikki and Emily just after 10:30 to take the S-ban train from the station under our hotel to the main station in Munich and then a 1.5 hr trip by train to Salzburg, Austria. The weather was overcast and pleasant for the day. First we enjoyed the Mirabell Gardens before
taking The Sound of Music bus tour of the sites around town used in the movie. A four hour tour (I just wanted to tzpe that because of the repetition) that ended at the main train station, where we made the most of a 30 minute delay by sharing the pictures on our cameras and modeling the scarfs and hats Em brought along for when it turned cooler, as it had by then.
Johannes picked us up at the train station in Munich in the Frog, their cute, all green VW Golf. And then straight to dinner at 9pm at the beerhall closest to their house. I had premium 'mac and cheese', enjoyed my second beer of the trip (a wheat with lemonade that Em traded me because it was better than the radler i had ordered. So far I've had a beer, an expresso, and a latte (milchkaffe) every day. I am eating a LOT, often, frequently, whenever offered, seen or even thought of. (:
Mama and I hit the bed at midnight and slept until 9:15. What a vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment