Friday, June 27, 2008

Germany - Friday night

What a DAY! I haven't laughed this much in a year. A few highlights, because I could never recall all the moments.

Emily and Johannes both had to work today so we were on our own. Late breakfast at the apt then Vikki and I walked to the center of the city. Four hours on our own with Mama alone in the apt, kind of trapped - across the river, by the museum, a few shops, the 'vi twa lian mart' (outdoor market), the marianplatz (town hall), then back to the house. A FUN route because I made the effort to orient myself so I could get to and from the city center.

Home to rest our feet until Johannes came in and took us to dinner outside of town in the lake district south of Munich where we caught a vista of the Alps for the first time. Breathtaking! He rented a Mercedes for a business trip tomorrow to Frankfurt and made it a two dramamine trip for Mama by speeding along curvy two lane roads, through tiny hamlets, and even on the autobahn at 100mph. Mom said she hoped to live to tell her friends about it.

We do a LOT of eating and then talking about what and where to eat next. I can't even describe the food I've eaten so far without pictures, but it has all been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment