No pic today. I couldn't get a good shot of the 3 white ducks and 16 geese on the pond this morning. They were cruising up and down the water like it was a highway out there. It was pleasant to be outside, in the shade of course, until about 10:30 this morning, but then I had to come in. Staked two of my three tomato plants today. And watered, since we haven't had rain. The okra is doing well. It likes hot weather. Ate the first cucumber from my own garden today. Yum.
Really have a farm theme going on right now. Last weekend we toured three farms in Pickens county and Split Creek in Anderson, plus I got to work in the garden spot at Mama's a little and also tour my father-in-law's garden acres. They both shared some goodies with me.
NewSpring even has a garden theme. The current sermon series is On the Farm. The kids are learning about the fruits of the Spirit, and we are being taught foundational info too. I love the farming principles in the Bible.
Wednesday, June 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment