Welcome to summer! Yesterday was the longest day of the year, and we ended it with a spectacular storm that produced 1.25 inches of rain.
My garden spot is doing well. The six green bean plants produce a handful every few days, just enough to steam for one. I shared today's harvest with the next door neighbor, Brenda, who helped me with some stakes and twist ties this morning. All three tomato plants have green tomatoes. The cucumbers are producing tasty little cukes about one every other day, and the plant is loaded, so I have high hopes. That is what I've staked to the bamboo teepee. The melon vines have a few tiny melons, but nothing serious yet. One of the okra plants has tiny okra; oh, I can hardly wait for fresh okra from my garden.
I have been enjoying fresh veggies from local farmers. Watermelon for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Delicious canteloupe too.
I should have taken a 'before' pic of my two aloe plants in the kitchen. This is the 'after', where two pots made many. Repotting these this morning was fun.
Finally I did get a picture of the fowl highway mentioned below.
Happy Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment