
I am "living it up at the Hotel" Ueda. Yoko is a FABULOUS host. Staying here is like being at a resort. The house is brand new and beautiful. It is FULL of interesting and useful gadgets. The bathroom is like a spa, with laundry service. I LOVE Yoko's food - simple, fresh, colorful, healthy and delicious - and also how it appears "magically" on the table three times a day without any effort from me. So far I have eaten every bite of every meal. On the whole trip I've eaten rice only once and sushi not at all. I have taken over vacuuming this week; the vacuum cleaner is tiny and light and fun to use on the hardwood floors. My room here is so comfortable.

Yoko is paying my expenses and running me a tab. Tomorrow (my last day here) we are going to the bank to get cash so I can repay her.
We stayed close to home yesterday, just a quick walk to the local grocery last night about 8pm. Today our adventure was to visit Shotaro's school.
On our walk home we met a mom from Shotaro's class who spent 7 years in LA. Hitomi's English is great! After we talked a few minutes, we decided to eat lunch together at Macaroni Market, a bakery and cafe in the neighborhood. Then Yoko and I did a little shopping in a store that was a Japanese version of Pier One. After school Shotaro and I enjoyed some time at the park and playing ball in the yard until dark. I feel very peaceful and relaxed here. This "daily life" vacation was a great idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment